As I wondered how to copy images from my Android tablet to laptop without cable, I came across this wonderful app called AirDrop.
What is AirDrop? It is an Android app that connects your Android phone to a PC, laptop or even another mobile device that is connected to the same WiFi network. This app helps you transfer files among the laptop and phone.
How it works?
- Download the app from Playstore.
- Run the app from your phone. Remember that in order to connect it to the other device (e.g. laptop) Both devices should be connected to the same WiFi network. The other device need not to have installed this app.
- You will see an IP address displayed on the screen, enter that IP address in other devices browser.
- It will prompt you to accept the connection from the other device. Once you approve it, both devices are connected.
What you can do with it?
- Manage file system (cut, copy, paste, delete files).
- Search file system.
- Manage contacts.
- Manage clipboard (copy some text here, and access it in copy+paste menu on the mobile device).
- Check device summary (memory, battery level etc.).
- Helpful for people who cannot have USB cable around all time.
- Helpful to those who does not have PC Suite like application provided by the device manufacturer.
- It is platform independent. Runs on Windows, Mac or Linux alike! As it uses only browser.